Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 20 : New Years Eve

December 31st 2012
Well, today is actually the 2nd of January, but I keep getting a bit behind on the diary.  This is a good thing though, because I can now forget I have bells palsy for most of the day.  I quite often forget about it.  Apart from of course when I wake up every morning and tear the tape of my eyelid ... that never gets any less painful.  Also trying to remember to tape it up before I fall asleep is a bit of a chore.  I very nearly fell asleep the other night without it.  to be honest, my eye closes about 99% of the way most of the time, I have a strong suspicion I could stop taping it up, but it is best to be on the safe side.  Quite busy today with it being NYE, I saw lots of friends and had a bit of a drink.  Nothing excessive though, I still don't want to do anything to hinder the recovery in any way.  I8 did look in the mirror at one point and tried to think of a number for how recovered I am.  It's a difficult question ... my right eyebrow moves about 40% as much as the left, my right eye can close 99% of the way but I cannot move the muscles around it even 1%.  My mouth has about 20% of its movement back at a guess, but a big smile means it gets overpowered by the working side and it is hard to see any improvement in that position.  My right nostril flares about 20% the amount that my left does and I still cannot whistle or pucker up my lips.  At a guess I would go for 30% recovered?  Maybe I am being a bit harsh.

3 comments:

  1. i have the same problem 4 days already :(. ho do you feel now? are you recovered comletely or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 99% better. Hang in there you'll be good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people with Bell palsy and dystonia thanking him about his good work. I also have dystonia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my dystonia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for me,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from cervical dystonia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete