Tuesday 18 December 2012

Day -1 : Canker sore?

Tuesday 11th December
I'm a sucker for self diagnosis.  I shouldn't do it.  I use the internet every day, so I am all too familiar with how much junk information and idiots that it is riddled with.  I find pictures of other peoples rancid ulcer infested tongues.  It makes me feel a bit better about my situation.  At least I don't look like I have taken gunfire to the mouth.  The appearance of my ulcers have changed, there are no longer six individual nodes but one big flat one.  I find out about something called a Canker sore.  I am convinced that this is what I have.  I start reading about different cures, including one called oralmedic, which by the looks of it ... burns the wound with acid - agonising pain for immediate relief.  To be honest at this stage I am willing to take the gamble, I have started fearing mealtimes.  I start telling people I have a Canker sore.  I am convinced it will heal on it's own so decide to take no further action.  Eating is equally as difficult as yesterday.  I go to bed feeling a bit frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment