Wednesday 19 December 2012

Day 6 : Stabilisation? (and Pandas)

Monday 17th December 2012
I got up this morning and went straight to a Holland and Barret and bought some B vitamin complex tablets.  They are one a day tablets and contain vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12.  I take 2.
I went to Edinburgh Zoo and saw the pandas, it was amazing.  I wore some safety glasses that I normally use when cycling in overcast conditions, just to keep the wind out of my watery eye.  My vision is worse today.  If I cover my left eye the right eye just looks cloudy.  I try manually blinking quite a bit, I use eye drops and it is still cloudy.  No point dwelling on it.  Had a good day in general and I do not think the paralysis has got any worse today.  I can still very slightly move the right corner of my mouth, my eyebrow appears to be completely stationary, and I cannot wrinkle my forehead at all.  At least I am no worse.  From reading other peoples diaries, it would appear common to have a period of 3 or 4 days of no change before things start getting better.  I hope I am in that period.

Today I took 8 x 5mg Prednisolone and 5 x 800mg Acyclovir.  I also took 2 x B complex vitamins and 1 x multi vitamins.  I used eye drops throughout the day and Lacri Lube and taped my eye closed to sleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment