Wednesday 19 December 2012

Day 4 : The Wedding

Saturday 15th December 2012
My girlfriend wakes me up first thing this morning.  Her glands under her jaw are swollen and she has an ulcer on her tongue in exactly the same place I had them.  We get up and go straight to the walk-in center.  I am so worried she may get Bell's Palsy too.  We bypass the Nurse practitioner and get to see the Doctor straight away, after about a 40 minute wait.  He prescribes her Acyclovir too, but only 400mg as he thinks it is unlikely she well develop Bell's Palsy.

We have to rush to the Wedding as the unscheduled Doctors visit has pushed the plans out a little.  Still, I feel a lot better with her on the anti-virals already.  I am at the Wedding from mid day until 9pm.  The photography goes really well.  So long as I make sure my eye is well lubricated I can get on with everyday life.  The Vicar notices the problem with my face and asks about it.  He says a prayer for me.  I try to smile at him but then remember he is on the bad side.

I drink one glass of champagne to celebrate the Wedding.  I have decided this will be my last drink until I am better.  I take 8 x 5mg Prednisolone about lunchtime, and 5 x 800mg Acyclovir throughout the day.  I do some more research when I get home and there are a lot of people talking about the benefits of B vitamins for conditions effecting nerves.  It can't hurt, maybe I will get some tomorrow.  I use eye drops more than normal today, but I have spent most of the day staring through a lens.  I use Lacri Lube and tape my eye shut to sleep.  I still feel fairly confident about recovery, especially as I do not have complete paralysis like most people seem to get.  I can just about show some teeth on the paralysed side, and my eyebrow still raises very slightly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment