Tuesday 25 December 2012

Day 13 : Definite improvement!

Monday 24th December
Well it is only a slight improvement, but it is the first improvement that I am sure about.  I can move the corner of my mouth about 1/4 centimeter more than yesterday.  It's crazy how that change just happened in my sleep.  Put me in a very good mood for the day.  Previously I was able to very slightly twitch my cheek, and in doing so the corner of my mouth sometimes raised a little, maybe a couple of millimetres at best.  If I did this two or three times in a row, I would loose the ability for ten minutes.  The ability did seem to be leaving me and I was desperate to cling on to my last bit of facial movement on my paralysed side.  Today I can move the corner of my mouth outwards as and when I wish, as well as move my cheek in the way I could previously.  I questioned my own judgement a few times, am I imagining it?  My girlfriend seems to agree it is improved and she doesn't like to give me any false hope.  I went out for Christmas eve, and broke my alcohol free vow, but I only had one beer.  I doubt it will make or break me. My eye irritated the hell out of me today.  I was constantly rubbing it and using eyedrops.  It was red all day, it actually felt nice to tape it up at night and have a rest from it.  I have been struggling to sleep for the last few nights.  I wake so much it feels like I am laid awake the whole time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment